Non-Emergency Medical Transport
Every day, thousands of patients rely on non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT). Ambulettes and paratransit vans are used by leading medical facilities and non-emergency transport service companies throughout the country.
Most NEMT vehicles are equipped with commercial wheelchair lifts and can transport ambulatory and wheelchair passengers. They are the perfect vehicle for medical transportation providers, group homes, senior living facilities, and hospitals. Rear access minivans with ramps are also another option for transporting only one non-emergency wheelchair passengers.
Reasons to Purchase Stretcher/Wheelchair Transportation:
• Reduce worker’s compensation claims resulting from excessive heavy lifting.
• Significant cost reductions for stable paratransit or non-emergency transports requiring stretcher as compared to the high cost of ambulance use and maintenance.
• Reduced maintenance and rate of injury using a ramp entrance versus a hydraulic wheelchair lift which can break and drop the patient.
• Less time off for employees resulting from a lifting injury.
• Patient care facilities can change payables into receivables by owning their own paratransit vehicle.
Safety and Compliance
• ADA compliant conversion exceeding all Federal required safety regulations for wheelchairs accessible vehicles.
• AAA Compliant conversion providing up to 100” length lowered ﬂoor for stretcher transportation in a minivan.
• Vehicle and conversion have passed all Altoona and CARB testing.
• 5 Emergency exit points
• Bariatric capability. Transport individuals weighing up to 515 lbs on a Stretcher with NO LIFTING required! Our specially designed winch allows you to load and unload with ease avoiding potential injuries.
|Popular Medical Transport Vans|
|Full Sized Vans||Mini-Vans|
|• Ford Transit||• Dodge Grand Caravan|
|• Mercedez Benz Sprinter||• Toyota Sienna|
|All of our ADA compliant vehicles meet the needs of organizations in any industry that requires transportation of their clients. These companies and organizations include:|
|• Colleges and Universities|
|• Independent and Assisted Living|
|• Hotel & Resort Shuttles|
|• Local and State Government Agencies|
|• Physical and Occupational Therapists|
|• In-Home Care Companies|
|• Public Transportation|
Let us know what your needs are and we'll help to find the right vehicle and conversion to meet your rider requirements.
Cost Effective Solutions
Your non-emergency medical transportation business can have it all— affordable purchasing options and dependable accessible vehicles that will safely and comfortably transport passengers. VMI offers a wide range of solutions to meet your needs.
Transport More Passengers
Our minivans with in-floor ramp systems provide plenty of interior space with flexible seating configurations to easily accommodate both wheelchair users and ambulatory passengers. To accommodate passengers with wider wheelchairs, we also offer minivans with rear entry fold-out ramp systems and full size vans with platform lifts that provide easy entry and exit through larger door openings.
Maximize your government contract business opportunities with VMI accessible vehicles that meet ADA requirements. Our portfolio of ADA compliant vehicles includes Toyota Sienna minivans with side or rear entry options and Ford Transit vans with platform lifts.